Topics

Gaviota Beach Eastern Kingbird

Jamie Chavez

Early this morning I very briefly had an EASTERN KINGBIRD at Gaviota SP. First on on the brushy slope under the RR trestle, then it flew over to the small group of tamarisks near the base of the pier. I lost it in fairly short order and could not relocate it. Peter S. walked up only minutes after it left and together we could not find it after combing the campground. I also stopped at Refugio and El Capitan but have nothing of interest to report except a Willow Flycatcher at the creek mouth at El Cap. Very little sign of fall migration at these three stops today.

Back-lit and out-of-focus Eastern Kingbird photos here:

Good birding,

--
Jamie Chavez
Santa Maria, CA