Topics

Good movement of Black Swifts

Eric Culbertson

Hi All,

This afternoon from the Franklin Trail I had quite a few swifts pass between about 2:20 - 5pm. From around mile three I had a minimum 25 BLACK SWIFT although that total may be short by five or even ten birds. I had complete cloud cover high up for part of the time with a steady WNW wind revealing blue skies (and some great looks at swifts) later in the day. I also had an huge group of at least 44 raven flying west together over this area. An additional four raven hung out together nearby while I watched for swifts. Lazuli Bunting were also everywhere in the area of the burn.

Eric Culbertson
Carpinteria