Topics

Grasshopper Sparrow & Northern Parula

Adrian O'Loghlen

This AM (Wed) Pam Viale and I had good views of a Grasshopper Sparrow on Farren Rd. at the location where Libby Patton reported hearing one on Mon.  It was on the west side of the road along the flat section after the first hill.  This is the area were this species has been reported in past years.  We then went to Devereux Slough to look for the Northern Parula reported by Tom Turner yesterday AM and eventually found the bird in the Oak tree (34.4141376, -119.8729859) where Libby and Santiago reported seeing later in the day.  It was singing persistently and stay mainly in and around the Oak.

Photos at; https://www.flickr.com/gp/104247213@N05/umx3pN

Adrian O'Loghlen
Goleta