Topics

Greater Scaup

Florence Sanchez

Found in the Atascadero Creek channel at 3 p.m., well upstream from the eastern viewing platform and the gas company pipes.

I walked up the bike path past the gas pipes almost to the bridge over the incoming creek (San Jose Creek?) to get a better view.  The tall mustard and Hemlock sometimes obscured the duck but I was able to see it well with a little patience.  Much of the time the duck kept its head tucked, but it came out for a little while offering good views of the large bill and unique head shape.

Florence Sanchez