Jalama birds.

Noah Gaines

I camped overnight at Jalama and saw quite a few nice birds yesterday and today (9.26.21).

Lesser Night-Hawk over the creek at Dusk
Bank Swallow over the creek this morning.
Willow Flycatcher near the Spring this morning.
MacGillivray’s Warbler near the spring along the nature loop.
Greater White-fronted Goose at the lagoon.
A flock of 124 Snowy Plovers on the beach near the creek mouth including a few banded birds.
4 Parasitic Jaegers chasing terns this morning.
YB Magpie and Wild Turkey on the way in.

The coolest thing I found on the beach was a big chunk of Baleen!

Noah Gaines
Goleta CA