From: Florence Sanchez via groups.io <sanchezucsb11@...>
To: SBCOBirding Group <sbcobirding@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Aug 8, 2020 2:50 pm
Subject: [sbcobirding] Jim May Park this morning

I made it up there mid-morning.  Later on, Jamie Chavez showed up and we compared notes with his sightings from yesterday.  There had been some turnover during the night and overall, there were probably fewer shorebirds today than he found.  Notable absences were Solitary Sandpiper and Lesser Yellowlegs.  I walked around the entire like this morning and didn't turn them up.  I also scanned all the small sandpipers I found very carefully to see if I could pick out anything different from Western and Least, but I did not succeed.

Besides the small Sandpipers, I had Kildeer, 5 Greater Yellowlegs, 3 Avocets, 1 Dowitcher sp., and 5 juvenile Wilson's Phalaropes.  The latter gave me pause as they were walking and feeding in very shallow water near the edge, acting more like Lesser Yellowlegs.  The also had yellow legs!  I double -checked and juvie Wilson's do indeed have yellow legs.

Jamie was walking around the lake with his camera when I left, so perhaps he found something else.

John Deacon
Orcutt