Topics

Kinevan, 11 June 2020

Mark Holmgren

I walked about 4/10 mile on restricted Kinevan Ranch this morning.  However, the most active area was at my start and end point on Kinevan Rd at the upper (new) bridge.  Here 2 Cassin’s Vireos were persistently singing and a fledgling was nearby, though I could never witness a feeding.  On 28 May, I had a singing Wilson’s Warbler at 34.507082 -119.82177.  (This is slightly upstream of the mid-point on Kinevan Rd.) I was unable to detect that bird today.  Another Cassin’s Vireo and a faint distant Hermit Thrush was singing there, however.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S70311500

Mark Holmgren

San Marcos Pass