Topics

Known crow roosts this summer?

Rebecca Coulter

Hi all,
I’m working with one of the teens from SBMNH this summer on a final project, and we’re looking for a decent-sized crow roost to take a quick video of the birds coming in to roost in the evening. Do you know of a current evening roost? Tuesday night I checked the one I’ve seen in the winter months on the west side of More Mesa, and found not one crow present. I did follow some birds moving west, and ended up finding a roost of a few hundred birds on Aero Camino near the airport. But the birds are pretty well scattered along this road, and not quite the dramatic and noisy fly-in I was hoping for.

Thanks for any info you can provide in the next few days.
Rebecca Coulter
SB