Topics

LERPS

Jim Greaves <greaves@...>

Today's ebirding digest brought up an interesting point - from Robb
Hamilton, who expressed that it does not surprise him that birds are
slurpin the lerp...

Meaning no disrespect, I have a couple of questions and a comment on the
subject -

1. what is a lerp?

2. how does one know the trees are "infested"?

3. is it clear the birds are focusing their feeding "solely" on lerps and
not some other organism(s) (in addition to lerps)?

4. regarding Robb's lack of surprise, it surprises me- why? because ,
after all these years (the past 20+), up until last week, NO ONE EVER
MENTIONED LERPS, instead ALL the talk has been about eucalyptus nectar!

Happy daze!

Jim