Lerpy eucs at Riviera Business Park

Ron Hirst

There are a few lerpy eucs at the park and many migrants. This morning around 10 there were 16 Western Tanagers, and 16 Yellow, 4 Wilson's, 3 Yellow Rumped and 6 OC Warblers, among many birds. There was also a tangerine orange-belly&breast Oriole, which I didn't see head or neck or wings or back of, so most likely a bright adult male Hooded, or perhaps a Baltimore.
Ron Hirst, SB

William Murdoch

Went to the business park around 3 this afternoon.  The trees seemed to have fewer W Tanagers than Ron saw, but there was a Hermit warbler, and a couple of Townsend's warblers in addition to the species he saw.  I didn't see Ron's oriole.

I kept checking the pond but no migrants were there.  I finally again sat by the pond for a few minutes before leaving and suddenly just after 4 pm swarms of birds came in.  They were mainly Yellows, but there were also OCs, a few Wilsons, plus (the?) Hermit turned up very close and in the same spot a few minutes later was a female Black-throated Grey.  The birds mainly flew around, landed in rose bushes, and went into taller trees and plants around the quadrangle.  At least 10 W Tanagers flew in but either flew into the larger bushes/trees or just passed through.

Bill Murdoch
Santa Barbara

--
Bill Murdoch