Lesser Nighthawk Pond Highway 33

Kay Regester

Thanks to Linus' report on 7/28 about the Lesser Nighthawks around ponds, I was able to drive the 1.5 hours from Ventura to the almost end of Highway 33, almost to the 166, and find the large pond, somewhat covered with pond scum, inviting dragonflies and myriad other insects, and something like 12-15 nighthawks arriving and swooping around for an hour til sunset.  While there we got rained on by one cloud for 15 minutes.  Joy!  Highly recommended!

or just wait for the rare bird alert...  Best to all, Kay
Kay Regester
Ventura, Ca

--

Kay Regester, Ventura