Topics

Leucistic Turkey Vulture, Alisal Road

Mark Bright

On Saturday August 8 along Alisal Road east of Nojoqui Park I observed a startling looking leucistic Turkey Vulture flying with a normally colored Turkey Vulture.

It does seem that the Purple Martins have left Nojoqui Park but I did see 14 wild Turkey across the road and east of the park.

Photograph of the ventral surface of the leucistic Turkey Vulture here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/118311568@N08/50209359766/in/datetaken-friend/

Photograph of the upper surface of the leucistic Turkey Vulture here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/118311568@N08/50209359556/in/datetaken-friend/

Mark Bright

A note about additional Turkey Vultures:

I saw a good-sized flock (15 or more) feeding in the cut alfalfa fields off Highway 154 about a mile west of the Bradbury Dam overlook on Saturday.  This was around 10:00 a.m.

Florence Sanchez

On Monday, August 10, 2020, 12:46:08 AM PDT, Mark Bright via groups.io <pywiack@...> wrote:

On Saturday August 8 along Alisal Road east of Nojoqui Park I observed a startling looking leucistic Turkey Vulture flying with a normally colored Turkey Vulture.

It does seem that the Purple Martins have left Nojoqui Park but I did see 14 wild Turkey across the road and east of the park.

Photograph of the ventral surface of the leucistic Turkey Vulture here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/118311568@N08/50209359766/in/datetaken-friend/

Photograph of the upper surface of the leucistic Turkey Vulture here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/118311568@N08/50209359556/in/datetaken-friend/

Mark Bright
Santa Barbara