Topics

Lompoc 'rarity roundup'

Nick Lethaby

All,

On Sunday 8 of us got together various spots in the Lompoc/VAFB area to see how many rarities/interesting birds we might find. Unfortunately it turned out that it was more like Roundup had applied in a highly concentrated form to any rare birds present because we saw very little. Probably the best birds in public areas were a Black-and-white Warbler (Jamie Chavez) at Ocean Beach Park and a Baird’s Sandpiper (Wes Fritz) at the same location.

Highlights in non-public areas were a Swainson’s Hawk, a Blue Grosheak, 200+ American Goldfinches, a Wandering Tattler, and a Surfbird.

Nick Lethaby

Goleta, CA  93117

USA

Email: nlethaby@...