MacGillivray's Warbler, Palm Warbler

Dave Compton

This morning, the wintering male MacGillivray's Warbler was in its usual spot in the former LogMeIn business complex, on the Cape ivy-covered slope on the north side of the eucalyptus grove. I walked this part of the complex and the western end, but saw nothing else of interest.

Later, I found the Palm Warbler at the North Campus Open Space, feeding in a lerpy red gum on the south side of the newly paved (and currently fenced) parking lot on Whittier. I believe this is the area where Rebecca Coulter first saw the bird back in November. The bird was calling quite a bit, or else I probably never would've looked for it in a eucalyptus tree.