Topics

Mysterious canary! NOT

Joan Lentz (cox.net address)

Hi All:
Oooops. Looks like I blew off a really interesting leucistic Common Yellowthroat. To be perfectly honest, I never really saw this bird clearly, so didn’t put it on my list.
However, Marilyn saw the bird quite well, & said it didn’t look like anything she’d every seen before. Hmmmm...
No wonder.
In any case, I was, of course, just following in the footsteps of my friend Mark, whom I expect to know these kinds of things!
Thanks to energetic Brad Hacker, & his fine photographic skills, we’ve solved this mystery.
It’s a gorgeous bird, & if I’d spent some time on it, I would’ve been better off, rather than fretting about missing the Northern Waterthrush.
Lesson learned.

Joan Lentz
Santa Barbara

Bradley Hacker

It was a community effort. Different people found the bird, photo'd it, and ID'd it. Happiness all around.

On 11/3/2019 14:22, Joan Lentz (cox.net address) wrote:
Hi All:
	Oooops.  Looks like I blew off a really interesting leucistic Common Yellowthroat.  To be perfectly honest, I never really saw this bird clearly, so didn’t put it on my list.
	However, Marilyn saw the bird quite well, & said it didn’t look like anything she’d every seen before.  Hmmmm...
	No wonder.
	In any case, I was, of course, just following in the footsteps of my friend Mark, whom I expect to know these kinds of things!
	Thanks to energetic Brad Hacker, & his fine photographic skills, we’ve solved this mystery.
	It’s a gorgeous bird, & if I’d spent some time on it, I would’ve been better off, rather than fretting about missing the Northern Waterthrush.
	Lesson learned.

	Joan Lentz

Bradley R. Hacker             Professor of Geology
Dept of Earth Science and Earth Research Institute
University of California, Santa Barbara CA 93106-9630
http://hacker.faculty.geol.ucsb.edu
LASS: http://www.petrochronology.com
EPMA, SEM & EBSD: http://sites.google.com/site/semgeolucsb

--