Topics

North County Birding Monday

Mark Holmgren

The Black Road Pasture held an interesting array of swallows on both of my visit there this morning, at 11:10am and at 1pm. Many were far west of Black Rd, but on 2 occasions they flew close enough to photograph. Approx. 6 Purple Martins were among the group.  Also, Tree, Cliff and Barn swallows.  Fall swallows are tricky and photographers may find surprises once they view their images at home.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S73596772

Jim May Park had a continuing Pectoral Sandpiper.

The Santa Maria Wastewater Treatment Plant had 3 Lesser Yellowlegs and at least 47 Greater Yellowlegs. Nothing else stood out for me there.

Mark Holmgren

San Marcos Pass