Topics

North County Birds-Saturday

John Deacon

All:

I bounced around the North County this morning, mainly checking ponds.

Mud Lake had the continuing Canvasbacks.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S64017905

Santa Maria Mesa Road Ponds had the continuing Eurasion Wigeon.  He was on the SE pond today.  This small, 1-2 acre, pond was packed with 126 Ring Necked Ducks and 23 American Wigeons, among others.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S64019825

A Street Ponds have the ongoing American White Pelican and a few Green Wing Teal.

At the Fairway and A Street ponds, the Tropical Kingbird continues.  I was also pleased to find a Hooded Merganser and a female Ring Necked Duck at this location.  This little spot has turned out to be quite the gem.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S64020778

John Deacon
Orcutt

--