Topics

Northern Parula - Alisal Road

Peter Schneekloth

I had been birding along the road over closer to the Alisal Reservoir and was driving slowly along back towards Nojoqui when I heard the song of a Northern Parula Warbler. I was able to find a near by pull out and walked back to find the bird. It was high in a Sycamore, a few spish notes and I probably ducked as I watched it drop towards me in the binocs. It stayed briefly for one close up but then I was able to get a few more distant photo's as it worked back and forth across the road singing repeatedly.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55934026@N05/49985327603/in/dateposted-public/

Peter Schneekloth
Buellton