Topics

Northern Parulas

Glenn Kincaid

This morning, after checking on the breeding progress of the Purple Martins at Nojoqui Falls park, Adrian O’loghlen and I followed up on Peter Schneekloth’s Northern Parula report from Alisal Road yesterday.

Shortly after exiting our vehicles we heard the bird singing from a Sycamore tree overhanging the road. We managed some so-so photos. The bird stayed in the area, foraging in various trees over and near the road. This is approximately 1 mile east of the Nojoqui Falls Park entrance.

After awhile we noticed another bird foraging high above the road in a Sycamore tree. It also was a Northern Parula, seen concurrently with the first bird. This one was not vocal and did not have much, if any, of a dark band on the chest. Perhaps a female. Adrian has at least 1 ID photo of this individual.

Glenn Kincaid

Glenn Kincaid
Santa Barbara

Adrian O'Loghlen

Photos of the two Parulas described by Glenn and originally found by Peter yesterday can be seen at,

https://www.flickr.com/gp/104247213@N05/97Y9Cw

Adrian O'Loghlen
Goleta