Topics

Ocean Park

Wes Fritz

SB Birders,

I birded Ocean Park in Lompoc late this morning and saw 2 Baird’s and one Semipalmated Sandpiper in the mix of shore birds.
Please note that this park is very busy with people and dogs off leash. I even saw some guy with 2 cats on leashes there so it’s weird! Anyway, the mudpeckers are in decent numbers when they are not being flushed up river.

Oh, last Wednesday at SMSW on Black Road, I saw a adult type Bairds Sandpiper, 6 Spotted Sandpipers, what looked good for a Solitary Sandpiper and one Western. There were 3 Lesser Yellowlegs in with the Greaters. The only duck of note was a male N. Pintail.

Good birding.

Wes Fritz
805 895 0685
wes-fritz@...