Topics

odds and ends

Nick Lethaby

All,

I have been doing a lot of (futile) butterfly searching recently that has reduced my birding. I did get to the Santa Maria river mouth on Saturday PM. There was a pretty decent collection of gulls including about 55 Herring Gulls and 3 1Y Thayer's (Iceland) Gulls. This is easily the best spot for gulls this winter and I would encourage others to check it out.

Area K still has plenty of ducks, including a few Pintail and BW Teal, although numbers of most species are lower than a couple of weeks ago.

Today, I saw a Pacific Wren along Kinevan Road, but not much else.

--
Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA

Mobile: 805 284 6200