Topics

Odds and Ends Refugio and Goleta

Peter Schneekloth

Stopped at Refugio this morning, Yellow-rumped, Wilsons, Yellow, Orange-crowned were only Warblers seen. They are very sneaky and come to the creek behind some cat tails on W bank of creek.

In Goleta their is a very weird Red-tail which I have seen serveral times above Hollister Ave at W end of Airport. It is mostly white on the top of the wings and shows some white plumage from below. It is very striking when you see the top from a distance.

The Newport Drive puddles are attracting birds but nothing but common Warblers this morning. One Orange-crowned has a rather large orange patch on top of its head which I inferred could not be hidden away.

Peter Schneekloth
Buellton