Topics

Orchard Oriole

Thomas Turner

I think I had an Orchard Oriole this morning in Isla Vista. It was a female, so I could be mistaken, but it looked good to me. I had that typical “what warbler is that?!” reaction at first, due to its small size, non-contrasting coloration, and short tail. It didn’t have the face pattern of a Bullock’s Oriole.

It was in the Eucalyptus row that goes from the Red Barn near Devereux to the West Campus Bluffs. It was pretty closely lined up with Fortuna Park. The eucs there are really full of hummingbirds and warblers at the moment, so there could be other things in there.

Tom Turner

Goleta