Topics

Painted Bunting

Guy Tingos <gtingos@...>

The female Painted Bunting on Atascadero Creek west of Patterson Avenue
was seen again Wednesday afternoon around 5:30. It was with Blue
Grosbeaks and Lazuli Buntings about 150 meters upcreek from the small
check dam near the end of Ward Drive.

Guy Tingos
Santa Barbara, CA
gtingos@...

Kathleen L. Whitney <kwhit@...>

Dave Compton and I failed to find the Painted Bunting on Atascadero Creek
on Saturday afternoon. Mark Holmgren, Melissa and Helene were also birding
the area and did not see it either. We did find 2 Indigo Buntings (one
adult and one HY male), several Blue Grosbeaks, Lazuli Buntings by the
score, Nutmeg Mannakins (sp?) and the usual Atascadero Creek rif-raf.
Wilson's Warblers that we spotted were not of the same subspecies that we
have found at the Atascadero Creek MAPS site during the nesting season.

At 07:17 2.9.1999 -0700, you wrote:

The female Painted Bunting on Atascadero Creek west of Patterson Avenue
was seen again Wednesday afternoon around 5:30. It was with Blue
Grosbeaks and Lazuli Buntings about 150 meters upcreek from the small
check dam near the end of Ward Drive.

Guy Tingos
Santa Barbara, CA
gtingos@...

YOU'RE GOING TO NEED NEW CLOTHES FOR SCHOOL. UNLESS YOU'RE A NUDIST.
Find out what's hot at Talk City's back to school site. Chat, games,
fashion and prizes. http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/850

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/sbcobirding

Florence Sanchez <sanchez@...>

Looked for Painted Bunting on Sunday, Sept. 5, no luck. Present were an
Osprey and Sora, plus a couple of empids, and not much else. No sign of
Chestnut-backed Chickadee or Manikins.

Florence Sanchez

On Sat, 4 Sep 1999, Kathleen L. Whitney wrote:

[...]

Start with up to 150 Points for joining!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/805

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/sbcobirding