Topics

Painted Cave Road

Mark Bright

This morning between 8:30 and 9:30 am on Painted Cave Road just entering into the steep canyon woodland about a quarter mile below the actual Painted Cave. We saw about 5-6 Hermit Warblers, about as many Townsend's Warblers, 2 Black-throated Gray Warblers, 3 Wilson's Warblers, 1 Orange-crowned Warbler, 3 Warbling Vireos, 2 Pacific-slope Flycatchers, 1 Downy Woodpecker and 1 Cooper's Hawk. Further south in open brushland were two Ash-throated Flycatchers. Further up the road at the Painted Cave site was a singing and out in the open Canyon Wren, 2 others heard in lower part of the canyon. So many other warblers we couldn't make out in the canopy, quite lively.

Mark Bright
Santa Barbara