Topics

Recent birds

Nick Lethaby

All,

Yesterday I checked Devereux in the NW wind in the afternoon. There was a smallish gathering of common gulls and terns and about 180 Western Sandpipers. This morning I checked Refugio Canyon and was disappointed to find very few migrants. A BT Gray and about 7 Wilson’s being the majority. I would appeal to local birders to carefully study the wind conditions prior to each visit here, so we can get a more precise understanding of exactly which conditions are triggering major fallouts there. Perhaps the N airflow was not strong enough last night.

Regards,

Nick Lethaby

Goleta, CA 93117

Office: 805 562 5106