Topics

Refugio St Beach - Lucy's Warbler, continuing Yellow-crowned Night Heron

Peter Schneekloth

Needed to be in Goleta for a few hours this AM so stopped at Coronado on the way in and Refugio on the way home. Coronado had a few common birds only. Shortly before noon I was leaving Refugio when I saw a very small pale gray bird, had it in the binocs long enough to see the Chestnut Rump, Lucy's Warbler in the creek section under the freeway. Spent about a half hour trying to refind it but never did. The juv Yellow-crowned Night Heron continued, Yellow Warblers, Western Tanagers and Belted Kingfisher were other birds of note.

Peter Schneekloth
Buellton