Topics

report Friday Morning

JHcynwren@...

There were 10 Least Terns (1 juv.) on the beach just west of the "Dune
Pond" which is just west of Devereaux. There were also 25 Snowy Plovers in
the dry sand.
There are 100+ hummingbirds at our house inc. Anna's, Costa's,
Black-chinned and Selasphorus. Less than 10% are adult males. They consume
4 gallons of sugar water per day.
Joan Hardie

Rebecca Fagan Coulter <impact2@...>

Hi Joan,
Four gallons of sugar water! I hope you have stock in C&H. I didn't see any
Costa's when I hiked Aliso Loop on Friday--now I know where they've gone. I had
a lovely hike early Friday morning. It was very quiet birdwise, but the day
was perfect--cool, slight cloud cover, no crowds. I'm really growing fond of
that trail!

G&B and Chris and I birded at McGrath State Beach yesterday. According to Guy,
it was a little slow, but as far as I was concerned, it was great. No Baird's
or Stilt (which have been seen recently), but did have Semi-palmated Sandpiper.
Beautiful looks at White-faced Ibis in the sunlight, good tern i.d. session
(Elegant, Forster's, Common, Caspian), lots of the usual shorebirds.

I'll have to get out to Devereaux one of these afternoons.
Rebecca

JHcynwren@... wrote:

There were 10 Least Terns (1 juv.) on the beach just west of the "Dune
Pond" which is just west of Devereaux. There were also 25 Snowy Plovers in
the dry sand.
There are 100+ hummingbirds at our house inc. Anna's, Costa's,
Black-chinned and Selasphorus. Less than 10% are adult males. They consume
4 gallons of sugar water per day.
Joan Hardie

GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA: DOUBLE Rewards points,
NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9% FIXED APR. Apply online today!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/606

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/sbcobirding

Rebecca Fagan Coulter <impact2@...>

Hello SB Co. Birding subscribers,
You just received a message from me intended to go to Joan Hardie. In replying
to her email, I replied to you all. Now you all know a little bit more about me
than you intended...most of you don't know me at all! But there it is--I'm
still fine-tuning this high-tech messaging. My apologies for the clutter--and
thanks to Jamie Chavez for organizing the group!

Rebecca