Riviera Park, some birds today

Ron Hirst

Best is a probable Blackburnian Warbler (immature/dull female) that I was on and off of for 30 minutes. It stayed at the very top of the tallest 3 eucs that are nearest the courtyard with pond. Nearby eucs are all lerpy now, including a euc in the inner courtyard with bottlebrush.  About 20 Yellow, 10 Wilson's, 1 Nashville, 1 BTG, 1 Townsends, 4 OC, 6 YR Warblers. 4 W. Tanagers. The probable Blackburnian was not a Hermit or Townsends or Pine Warbler, had 2 bright white wing bars, a pale yellow upper breast with no distinct markings that I could discern there or on the sides, and seemed to have a yellowish face with pattern. Darkish above. The facial pattern and coloration was not seen well. If you look, please see if you can define a facial pattern triangle. The pale yellow throat/upper breast contrasting with whitish lower chest, belly and undertail will help find the bird. I'll be there at 4:30 to look for awhile.
Ron Hirst, SB

Jim Hodgson

Hi all, I also saw Ron’s probable Blackburnian this morning around 9:00 am but could not see the upper back and thought it was maybe a Blackpoll until I got home and looked at the books.  It’s worth checking out. Also the Canada Warbler was still there. Good luck.
Jim Hodgson
Santa Barbara