Topics

Riviera Theater and Alice Keck Gardens.

Rob Hofberg

Hi Birdwatchers -
About 4:00 this afternoon I checked out Alice Keck gardens, especially around the big tipu trees. It was my second day this week without much to report except that it is swarming with hummingbirds. The park has lots of flowering shrubs and trees of all types and it is full of hummers. The majority is Anna's, I saw about 4 Selasphorus sp. and 1 black-chinned.

At 5;00 I went up to the campus where the Riviera Theater is (near the El Encanto Hotel). In the main parking lot is an immense Eucalyptus tree that is very lerpy in sections. I spent 45 minutes there and saw warbling vireo, wilson's warbler, yellow warbler, orange-crowned warbler, blue-gray gnatcatcher, and 4 western tanagers. There are other tall lerpy eucs on the campus but this one seemed to be the tree of choice.
Happy Birding,

Rob Hofberg