San Antonio Creek April 25

Florence Sanchez

I hiked along the creek trail from Kiwanis Meadows to San Marcos Pass Road this morning.  In past years, there has been a lot of migrant activity at this time of year, but not this spring.  Resident birds are going strong with singing, nesting, and caring for newly-fledged young but srping migrants (and residents) were very sparse today.  Besides the resident orange-crowned Warblers, I had one Yellow-rump near the parking area along with a Yellow Warbler, a second Yellow Warbler further up the trail, one Wilson's Warbler just above the dam, and a lone Nashville Warbler shortly before reaching the first of the upper stream crossings.  On my last visit I had Hooded and Bullock's Orioles, Black-headed Grosbeaks, and swallows overhead, but not today.

Florence Sanchez