Topics

Sands Beach and Coal Oil Point early a.m., August 4

Florence Sanchez

I got down to the beach about 6:30 this morning to take advantage of as much of the minus low tide as possible.  My numbers were similar to Glenn Kinkaid's observations made about an hour after I left.  Lots of Black-bellied Plovers and Sanderlings and a mixed Tern flock resting on the beach.  There were no Least Terns in it, but I did find Caspian, Royal, and Elegant resting together.  A nice opportunity to compare the differences between the three species.

No sign of a Ruddy Turnstone this morning.

Florence Sanchez