Topics

Santa Barbara CBC is a GO!

Rebecca Coulter

Hello birders,
The Santa Barbara CBC will take place on Saturday, January 2, 2021. The Audubon Society has issued strict guidelines about how to safely conduct the count, which we will follow. The main difference this year is that we won’t hold any in-person gatherings—no noon countdown at Goleta Beach, or dinner and countdown at the Museum of Natural History. We are working on virtual versions of these events. And though we’ll miss these long-standing traditions, our priority is not contributing to the spread of the virus. The census itself will be largely unchanged: counting birds in the field or at home is a perfect activity to do on your own or with family. Backyard or neighborhood counting is encouraged. For obvious reasons, large groups birding together will not be organized this year.

If you wish to participate, please go to the Santa Barbara Audubon website for more information:
We will then be in touch with you about your assignment. We’re happy to be going forward to carry on this 121-year tradition!

Good birding,
Rebecca Coulter, Liz Muraoka, Joan Murdoch, Libby Patten
CBC Coordinators