Topics

Santa Barbara island 9/25-9/26

Carl Mayhugh

Hi all,

There’s been a lot of interest in the nesting Brown Boobies at Santa Barbara island.

We’re taking some researchers out to Santa Barbara island and we have extra spots onboard.

The plan will be to depart 11pm on 9/24, wake up for breakfast at the island, and enjoy 9/25 & 9/26 hiking, birding, and also optional tours of the island on an inflatable.

We plan on departing the island about noon on the 26th, head offshore for dome birding at Osborn Bank, then bird all the way home.

It’s a rugged and remote island, not often visited. The landing is not for everybody, but for those with a spirit of adventure it is well worth the effort.

Spaces are available on our website: catalinaexplorer.com

Good food, drinks, and an air-conditioned bunk are included.

Thanks,
Capt. Carl
My personal cell: 949-292-3364

CatalinaExplorer.com