Topics

Santa Barbara island/Osborne Banks

Carl Mayhugh

Birders,

We are running a group of researchers and Nat’l Park Rangers out to Santa Barbara island. Departing 11pm 8/23, returning approx. 6pm on 8/25.  It will be a day and a half birding/hiking at the island then the way home we’ll head out to Osborne Bank and bird all the way back to San Pedro. There are a few spots left, email me for info.

Sightings last trip:

Western Gulls (1000+), Brown Boobies (70+), Black Storm-Petrels, Ashy Storm-Petrels, Pigeon Guillemots, Common Murres, Least Terns, Royal Terns, Elegant Terns, Sooty Shearwaters, Pink-footed Shearwaters, Buller’s Shearwaters, Black-vented Shearwaters, Brandt’s Cormorants, Double-crested Cormorants, Brown Pelicans, and a Peregrine Falcon.

Making landfall on the most remote of the Channel Islands can be difficult and not for everybody.

Capt. Carl