Topics

Santa Maria

Wes Fritz

SB Birders,

I birded the ( Santa Maria Sewage works) SMSW for a short period today not much to report. 4 Baird’s, 12 or so Westerns, 12 or so Least Sandpipers, 2 Lesser Yellowlegs and counted one by one 53 Greater Yellowlegs, I know there were more present but I only like to count them when they are together so I do not over count.
2 Peregrine Falcons and a nice male Yellow-headed Blackbird.
I moved over to Jack O’Connell Park and saw nothing, but the agg fields to the west were the Red Romaine lettuce starts was the Pacific Golden Plovers that Herb Elliot saw a few days ago In with about 30 Black-bellied Plovers and two very distant unidentified Golden Plovers. I went out and birded more agg fields and saw nothing of note. When I returned only one Pacific Golden Plover remained.

Good birding.

Wes Fritz
805 895 0685
wes-fritz@...