Santa Maria/Guadalupe CBC

John Deacon

All:

We just finished our preliminary review of the data collected for the referenced CBC.  Nineteen participants saw 148 species on 12/26/21.  That's a very nice total for this CBC.  Rarities included Vermilion Flycatcher, Yellow Headed Blackbird and Lesser Yellowlegs.  Northern Santa Barbara County may become the Tri-Colored Blackbird Capital of California with an astounding 6,400 reported.  Also of note, for the North County anyway, were a Saw-whet Owl, Pacific Golden Plover, Burrowing Owl, Red Breasted Merganser and Hooded Merganser.

John Deacon
iseekbirds@...

--
John Deacon