Topics

Santa Maria Pine Warbler Confirmed

Jamie Chavez

I have attempted to find this bird four times since last Saturday and I've spent nearly 6 hours. Was it with it? I don't know- maybe, but I told myself today was my last try. As luck would have it I stumbled on the bird in a corner of Miramonte & Rodenberger Parks very close to where I had seen it last week. As Pine Warblers often do, it was feeding on the ground with Yellow-umped Warblers which is how I picked it out. There is a concrete drain in the corner of the ball field at 34.908923, -120.430676 and the birds were in this area but did move around the park and into the different trees in this corner of the ball field.

eBird checklist with photos here:

--
Jamie Chavez
Santa Maria, CA