Topics

Santa Maria Valley

Nick Lethaby

All,

I followed mostly in Wes's footsteps today. The large BB Plover flock just west of Jack McConnell Park held 2 adult Pacific Goldens. I had about 8 Ferruginous Hawks on the area, virtually all ultra distant to the SW along with a Prairie Falcon. The Santa Maria River mouth had Common and Pacific Loons offshore and the expected gulls, ducks, and shorebirds on the lagoon. Best was a Greater Scaup. Mitchell Road had 30 trikes and single Prairie Falcon and Ferruginous Hawk. The field along Betteravia just held Smaller numbers of the species Wes reported.

Nick, Goleta

--
Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA