Topics

Santa Ynez Valley - Raptors galore including Bald and Golden Eagle

Peter Schneekloth

Cruising around the valley on the way home from a lecture at Sedgwick I had Golden Eagle, two Bald Eagles one of which is tagged, Prairie Falcon, Ferruginous Hawk, Sharp-shinned Hawk and 10-15 Red-tailed Hawks. I don't want to give exact locations some of the birds may be sensitive. I didn't notice until I got home but one of the Bald Eagles is tagged with blue wing tags, no. 63. I can submit to Bird Banding lab but if anyone knows where the birds may have been tagged and a way to reach out directly let me know. If I learn anything about the bird I will share.

Looks at both the Golden and the duo of Bald Eagles here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55934026@N05/48920131258/in/dateposted-public/

Peter Schneekloth
Buellton

Wim van Dam

That seems to be A-63, which is a male that fledged on May 30, 2016 at Sauces Canyon on Santa Cruz Island:

Wim

--
Wim van Dam (Solvang, CA)
SBCO #385: Neotropic Cormorant