Topics

SBCC

Bradley Hacker

I want to put in a plug for SBCC as a good local birding spot. The southeast corner in particular has an impressive range of “habitats” and non-native vegetation of different types, plus a veg garden, a bird-friendly fountain and a weed patch. Those of you who follow ebird will know that there was a European Goldfinch photo’d here on the 22nd; I saw that bird briefly yesterday, but today I could not find it. You can pay to park on campus, but you can also park at Pershing Park and walk up the stairs. Anyway, I think this place is worth more looking than it’s been getting.

--
Good birding,

Bradley Hacker
Goleta CA