Topics

Scarlet Tanager at El Capitan

Karen Bridgers <kbridgers@...>

Hi all

About 11:00 this morning (Fri.), Joan Lentz and I had a male Scarlet Tanager
in the famous Catalina cherry bush near the bathrooms and campsite 10 at El
Capitan State Beach. The bird appears to be a first fall male - black wings
are very "contrasty." It was feeding in the bush with at least one Western
Tanager, yellow-rumps and sparrows.

The whole area is extremely "birdy," although we didn't find anything else
of note. We also birded Refugio, which was dead.

Has anyone seen the Zone-tail since the weekend of the 16-17th??? If so,
please let me know before this afternoon so I can put it on the tape.

Thanks!

Karen Bridgers
kbridgers@...