Topics

Sedgwick Reserve (restricted access) - Weekly Survey

Peter Schneekloth

A relatively cool morning gave way by mid morning to warm still air which seemed to subdue bird activity over much or the area we surveyed. Nonetheless we managed 47 species including both Canyon Wren and a very confiding Rock Wren along the entry road which posed for photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55934026@N05/48910624341/in/dateposted-public/

A Rufous-crowned Sparrow also gave fantastic looks, one good looking sparrow I might add:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55934026@N05/48910096543/in/dateposted-public/

As we were leaving a pair of Golden Eagles appeared one of which was dive upon repeatedly by a Red-tailed Hawk. Quite a show.

The entire list here:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S60673381

For the Sedgwick Bird Crew
Peter Schneekloth