Topics

Sedgwick Reserve (restricted access) - Weekly Survey, Sage Thrasher and serious uptick in overall bird numbers

Peter Schneekloth

It was an "If you don't like the weather wait a minute and it will change" kind of day for our weekly survey at Sedgwick Reserve. The best birds were continuing Sage Thrasher, Chipping Sparrows and a Northern Harrier. Also notable was a significant uptick in the number of sparrows, juncos and especially the visibility of California Quail.

The entire list here: https://ebird.org/checklist/S61612043

If of interest I stitched together a few short video segments of the Sage Thrasher one includes a few soft vocalizations.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55934026@N05/49098127121/in/dateposted-public/

Peter Schneekloth
For the entire Sedgwick Crew
Buellton