Topics

September breeding records since 2000

Mark Holmgren

Which species breed towards the end of the breeding season?

September breeding records set the outer limits of the breeding season for several species.  Below is a list of September records since 2000 in the Santa Barbara Breeding Bird Study.

Please give us your observations of parental caredependent youngfamily groups togetherfood deliveriesand nestlings in the nest.  You might even notice nest building or attendance at a nest.  All may constitute evidence of breeding.

Submit records here: https://santabarbaraaudubon.org/sb-breeding-bird-survey-data-submittal/

Its easiest to get the coordinates of your record before submitting.  I find Mapper.acme.com most helpful; others prefer Google Maps, Google Earth, or Apple Maps.

Mark Holmgren and Adrian O'Loghlen

     ~~    ~~   ~~    ~~

California Quail            7

Scaly-breasted Munia   5

Acorn Woodpecker       3

Band-tailed Pigeon       2

Lesser Goldfinch          2

White-tailed Kite          2

Barn Swallow               1

Great Blue Heron         1

Hooded Oriole             1

N. Mockingbird           1

Pied-billed Grebe        1

Spotted Towhee           1

Yellow Warbler           1

House Sparrow           1

Breeding events that began in late August may be continuing into Sept for several additional species.

To view the entire BBS in Google Fusion Table, go to https://goo.gl/AJQxKj

We are grateful to the sponsors of the project: UCSB’s Cheadle Center for Biodiversity and Ecological Restoration (CCBER) and the Santa Barbara Audubon Society (SBAS).