Topics

"Song Thrasher" at LLC

Barbara Goll <b37g@...>

I have numerous photographs of this bird and did a bit of online research on it . The bird has Avian Keratin Disorder which causes its beak to grow abnormally. You can Google the disorder to learn more about it and see photos of affected birds.   I have never posted before so I hopeI did this right.

Barbara Goll
Goleta

Phila Rogers

Dear Birders:

Several years ago I had a male Lesser Goldfinch coming to my feeder with what appeared to be the same disorder.  I continued to see the bird for several months so I assumed that the curved bill didn't prevent the bird from eating seed.

Phila Rogers
Santa Barbara