Topics

South Goleta Sunday AM birds

Steven Gaulin

Dan Conroy-Beam and I met at the south end of Ward Drive this AM and did some local birding. We first walked west along Atascadero Creek (the bike path) as far as Patterson. The occasionally reported American Redstart was not in evidence but we did see a small group of (at least) three Chestnut-backed Chickadees flocking with Bushtits, R-c Kinglets, Orange-crowned, Townsend's and Yellow-rumped Warblers. With a bit more time to burn we walked into the Rancho Goleta mobile home parkĀ  (also on Ward Drive). On the lake there we found five Ring-necked Ducks (3 males, 2 females) and one Cackling Goose along with the more mundane water birds.

Steven Gaulin
Santa Barbara