Topics

Summer Tanager at Arroyo Burro Creek

Mark Holmgren

An adult male Summer Tanager was at Arroyo Burro Creek at the mid-point between Portofino Way and Torino Drive.  I saw it while walking the trail on the east side of the creek.  (34.42483  -119.75054)

https://ebird.org/checklist/S73639815

IMG_6778.jpeg

Elings Park held nothing of interest.

Visual access is sensitive at Laguna Blanca, but I managed to find a single spot to scope from along the south-east corner outside of the golf course. Here was a single Lesser Yellowlegs, many Greater Yellowlegs, a White-faced Ibis, a Pectoral Sandpiper, peeps, Cinnamon and Blue-winged teals. I was surprised to see a pair of California Quail here. I could not confirm a possible Western Kingbird and I would have liked to have additional looks at the peeps.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S73639797

Mark Holmgren

San Marcos Pass