Topics

Sunday birding

chriscoulter@...

Greetings,
Sunday morning at El Capitan gave Barb Millett and I a nice look at the
male Rose-breasted Grosbeak in the cherry bush and oak just west of the
amphitheatre. We had the same mixed group of warblers, tanagers and
grosbeaks mentioned by Jamie Chavez earlier today in this area. Thanks
to Jamie and his group, we also finished the morning with a lovely view
of that lingering Prothonotary.

A prowl of the Botanic Garden this afternoon yielded a nice mixed flock
of warblers in the area of the "information kiosk," west of the meadow.
Mostly Townsend's, with a few Wilson's and Orange-crowns, and a
Black-throated Grey. Also a Red-breasted Sapsucker.

Rebecca Coulter
chriscoulter@...