Topics

>>>Thread Closed<<< Re: [sbcobirding] White-crowned sparrow

Jamie Chavez

I'm going to be the grinch who stole fall birding. Every year we receive these "first of fall" messages for a commonly returning/wintering species and it is probably not necessary to report. Peter Schneekloth reported one at Gaviota on Aug 26 (subspecies?). Now that was unusual and worth reporting because it was early by about two weeks. After that, we all know they are on the way. Generally speaking, I think we can handle one FOF message for common returning species but me too's are not needed.

Bah humbug, and good birding,

--
Jamie Chavez
Santa Maria, CA